- Building / Facilities
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe Prep Cook will follow the direction of the Kitchen Manager and the Food Services Director. They will prepare all meals according to the recipes and direction provided. They may assist with Living Free meals, Retreat Center meals, James River College meals and may be required to accompany the Kitchen Manager during occasional Retreat Center events. They will keep with the vision of the department and of the church.
This is a part-time position.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain a neat and orderly kitchen that passes Food Services Director inspections/checklists and all Health Department inspections.
- Work with staff and volunteers that are part of all meal programs.
- Assist with inventory management, including but not limited to ordering, receiving, monthly inventory, food waste and product rotation.
- Assists with the recruiting of volunteers for the kitchen and Food Services Department.
- Assists with the proper training of all staff and volunteers.
- Assists with the preparation of all assigned meals and caterings.
- Maintains a clean and properly functioning kitchen by keeping a maintenance/cleaning program in place for equipment and areas.
- Assist the Kitchen Manager with kitchen-related duties including cash management and all other functions.
- Follows the direction and guidance of the Kitchen Manager and/or Food Services Director.
- Will help perform the Kitchen Manager’s duties in the event of the Kitchen Manager’s absence.
- Will assist with planning and kitchen operations at the James River Retreat Center. May travel to and lodge at Retreat Center during such events.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and operations.
- Complete understanding of menus and recipes.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality.
- Willingness to follow department guidelines and expectations, as well as be able to communicate and train the staff to the same level.
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to work with many different personalities.
- Available for retreats and summer camps held at the James River Retreat Center.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner, both orally and written.
- Ability to train staff and volunteers to complete assigned duties.
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.