- Business / Office / Administration
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe South Office Receptionist is positioned to answer all incoming calls and greet visitors with the highest standard of customer service and Christian attitude. Connect visitor to the appropriate department/staff member. Oversee incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries throughout the week and on Sundays. On back up reception in office in the afternoons & helps with office tasks.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Back-Up Receptionist & Office Help
- Represent the church culture well to all guests and staff members.
- Courteously greet all visitors in a friendly manner, promptly assisting with their needs.
- Forward voicemails and emails from the Answering Service that the church received when office is closed.
- Answer all calls in a prompt and courteous manner. We do want people waiting.
- Transfers all calls promptly, leaving no one on hold more than 30 seconds.
- Communicate to security if a concern arises regarding office reception.
- Maintain an orderly reception area-desk needs to stay clean.
- Help maintain up to date changes to the recordings regarding services times, closings, and special events.
- Create voice messages for the JRC reception desk regarding service cancellations or inclement weather.
- Crosscheck JRC staff voicemail recordings every month for appropriateness and accuracy.
- Tracks phone calls and appointments for the campus. Turns in a weekly log to Atmosphere and Hosting Director.
- Communicate important information to North campus receptionists & Hosting Team.
- Train other staff/Dream Teamers to assist in reception area when needed.
- Proactively gathers relevant information regarding church events and departments so that questions can be answered correctly and promptly.
- Remain in reception area unless a temporary backup or replacement is scheduled to cover the phone.
- At the end of the day put any items that were dropped off during the day in the proper mailboxes in the workroom.
- Call/email departments if they have packages to pick up in reception. If packages do not get picked up -please place them in the workroom unless the department is located in the main office area. Then deliver the package to that specific department.
- At the beginning of the month update the staff extension.
- Assists Atmosphere & Hosting and other departments with administrative tasks when needed per direction from Atmosphere and Hosting Director.
- Be at reception during “All Church” events when needed such as but not limited to SMC, DFL, DSNs
On-back up when not sitting up at reception.
Helping with office tasks such as but not limited to:
- Create and print seat tags
- Create and print building signage
- Organizing hosting spaces
- Print out documents for Sundays and Wednesdays
- Assist coordinators with phone calls
- Assist with campus setup
- Help team prepare for events
- Work schedule: Monday-Friday
- Sitting at reception desk 1:00pm-5pm
- Back-up receptionist & office support 8-12
- Fills morning reception shift when other receptionist is out of the office
- Two (2) years of multi-line telephone or general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Solid knowledge of the James River Church departments and events.
- Experience in customer service and/or sales.
- Relevant experience to assist other areas of Office Services preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding customer service and phone manner.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Front-line representation and solid knowledge of the James River Church departments and events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.