- Discipleship & Groups
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- High school diploma / GED
- Experience Required:
- 5-10 years
- Job Description
Special Events Manager
Full Time, Exempt
HOURS PER WEEK:
Provide oversight, planning, and communication for all assigned events
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Event Management – General oversight of all scheduled items during assigned events, providing support to those that hold responsibility for providing programming elements.
- Event Communications– Oversee communication plans for assigned events.
- Facility reservation management – Secure reservations for facilities, personalities, vehicles, recreation equipment, etc. for assigned events.
- Resource Planning – Oversee management of resource list, shopping/ordering plan, and organization of supplies needed for assigned events, & work with the Central Resource Team to accomplish assigned events.
- Volunteer Recruitment & Management – Assist Central Pastor with recruiting and leading volunteer teams to accomplish tasks for events.
- Event Registration Oversight – Oversight of the registration process for assigned events.
- Budget Oversight – Support Central Pastors on the budgets for assigned events.
- Whatever it takes!
Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Works efficiently with other ministries
- Team oriented
- Encouragement provider
- Good work ethic
- Organizational and computer skills
- Task and people oriented
- A desire to produce quality, accurate work
- Ability to learn new software and programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to perform a variety of tasks
- High School diploma
- Event Management experience preferred
- 5 years office experience
- Medical Benefits based on employee classification
- $20,000 term life insurance through group plan
- Access to group medical, dental, vision & life insurance products
- Paid time off based on tenure
By submitting my resume to Lakepointe Church for potential employment I acknowledge that if hired, I will be an employment-at-will employee. I will be subject to dismissal or discipline without notice or cause, at the discretion of the employer. I understand that no representative of the church, other than the Director of Human Resources, Lead Pastor, Co-Lead Pastor or Elder Board have the authority to change the terms of an at-will employment and that any change can only occur with written notification.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Lakepointe Church's employment policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age or national origin. The Church does however, reserve the right to employ persons who have a Christian background and philosophy of ministry and who, in the opinion of the Church, have a work history and lifestyle which is consistent with the Scriptural principles the church embraces. Lakepointe Church holds its employees to a Code of Conduct consistent with conduct expected of those making application for membership.
Lakepointe Church uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.