- Discipleship & Groups
- Job Type:
- Job Description
The Staff Pastor will provide ministry support for local church, church services, ministry guests and other special events.
- Promote and implement the vision of Pastor Parsley in all services provided by the Local Church Office.
- This leader meets and works with the local church Administrative Team, Elders, Children’s & Youth Pastors, Music Ministry, Staff Pastors, and others to fulfill the mission of the church.
- Oversees and organizes all major events for the church family, children’s ministry , and youth Ministry, and annual conferences and events.
- Manages the volunteers for the Ministry including but not limited to greeters, ushers, hostesses, medical personnel, and workers for annual conferences and events.
- Participate in service planning meetings and event planning meetings.
- Provides a high level of Christian care and service to the church family in the time of bereavement, funerals, weddings, illness, and other challenges.
- Serves all segments of the church population including the underprivileged and those with physical challenges.
- Assist in alter ministry and evangelizing to the church community.
- Compile spreadsheets, flow charts, database information and statistical information on the progress of all reporting ministries.
- May make visits to members that are house bound due to illness, elderly, hospitalized, or experiencing loss of a loved one.
- Coordinate expressions from the Ministry for appreciation , illness, bereavement, and meal efforts.
- Administer the Lord’s supper during church services and at other opportunities
- Evangelize the local, state, national, and international audience in church services, Breakthrough crusades. 125 Live, and special events.
- Nurture and disciple members
- Successful candidates will be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintain a courteous and Christ-like attitude; and agree to adhere to the standards of moral conduct and mission, vision, and values of World Harvest Church.
- Bachelor degree in Church Administration, Ministry or equivalent preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in local church ministry or equivalent.
- Demonstrate a consistent personal character of integrity; maintain a teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others of differing gifts and convictions.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and written for the purpose of public interaction; the ability to lead, counsel and teach the Word of God effectively.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license with a good driving record and be insurable.
- The ability to pass and clear a thorough background check.