- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Student Ministry Associate Rockwall Campus
Full Time, Exempt
HOURS PER WEEK:
40, there will be some evenings & weekends
We currently have 3 positions open in our Student Ministry - 2 in the High School Ministry and 1 in the Middle School Ministry
Oversee various aspects of the Student Ministry as assigned by the Student Pastor
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Build relationships and care for students and parents
- Counsel students as needed
- Oversee Groups assigned to you
- Give leadership to United on Wednesday Nights
- Give leadership to Student Connect on Saturdays and Sundays
- Help with set up and tear down at all student programming and events
- Follow up with visitors
- Help our students reach out to their friends outside the church
- When students make a decision to follow Christ, help move then towards baptism
- Provide leadership as needed at all major events
- Serve on two mission trips a year
- Help with Groups that are serving in the community
- Serve on a Central Team as needed
- Connect with students on school campuses (Lunches, Games, etc…)
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Whatever it takes!
Skills & Attributes:
- A felt call to ministry in the church
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Works efficiently with other ministries
- Team oriented
- Encouragement provider
- Good work ethic
- Task and people oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to perform a variety of tasks.
- College Degree
- Previous experience serving in a student ministry
- Medical Benefits based on employee classification
- $20,000 term life insurance through group plan
- Access to group medical, dental, vision & life insurance products
- Paid time off based on tenure
By submitting my resume to Lakepointe Church for potential employment I acknowledge that if hired, I will be an employment-at-will employee. I will be subject to dismissal or discipline without notice or cause, at the discretion of the employer. I understand that no representative of the church, other than the Director of Human Resources, Lead Pastor, Co-Lead Pastor or Elder Board have the authority to change the terms of an at-will employment and that any change can only occur with written notification.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Lakepointe Church's employment policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age or national origin. The Church does however, reserve the right to employ persons who have a Christian background and philosophy of ministry and who, in the opinion of the Church, have a work history and lifestyle which is consistent with the Scriptural principles the church embraces. Lakepointe Church holds its employees to a Code of Conduct consistent with conduct expected of those making application for membership.
Lakepointe Church uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.