- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Full Time, Exempt
HOURS PER WEEK:
To serve the vision of Lakepointe Church by way of student life, development, and pastoral care.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Implement ministry systems for high school and middle school students.
- Oversee and provide opportunities for involvement in high school and middle school ministries: midweek groups, midweek programing, discipleship groups, missions, campus ministries, special events.
- Provide spiritual guidance and support to high school and middle school students.
- Analyze needs of high school and middle school ministry and establish priorities and goals.
- Recruit, provide wisdom, insight, coaching & encouragement to leaders and volunteers.
- Develop and implement a leadership pipeline for volunteers in the student ministry.
- Build teams that involve students and empower them as leaders.
- Actively follow up with every student who completes a connection card from any event.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed at the Firewheel Campus for students (counseling, benevolence, baptisms, etc.).
- Provide support for all student ministry major events as needed.
- Visit school campuses or a regular basis and attend student games, lunches, FCA meetings and other activities that would provide opportunity to get to know and minister to students.
Skills & Attributes:
- Effective and efficient leadership, administrative, and organizational abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Creative, dynamic teaching abilities.
- Biblical and theological knowledge and skills.
- Positive attitude and people-oriented personality.
- Empathetic, encouraging skills in spiritual counseling.
- Strategic and futuristic mindset.
- BA or BS Degree
- Leadership, teaching, counseling education/experience
- Medical Benefits based on employee classification
- $20,000 term life insurance through group plan
- Access to group medical, dental, vision & life insurance products
- Paid time off based on tenure
By submitting my resume to Lakepointe Church for potential employment I acknowledge that if hired, I will be an employment-at-will employee. I will be subject to dismissal or discipline without notice or cause, at the discretion of the employer. I understand that no representative of the church, other than the Director of Human Resources, Lead Pastor, Co-Lead Pastor or Elder Board have the authority to change the terms of an at-will employment and that any change can only occur with written notification.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:Lakepointe Church's employment policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age or national origin. The Church does however, reserve the right to employ persons who have a Christian background and philosophy of ministry and who, in the opinion of the Church, have a work history and lifestyle which is consistent with the Scriptural principles the church embraces. Lakepointe Church holds its employees to a Code of Conduct consistent with conduct expected of those making application for membership.
Lakepointe Church uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.