- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
STUDENT PASTOR (BENTON CAMPUS)
FELLOWSHIP BIBLE CHURCH
The Student Pastor is responsible for all aspects of Fellowship’s Student Ministry (FSM) at the campus level. Through their strong leadership, communication and relational skills, this person oversees the effectiveness and growth of the campus’ ministry to student's 7th-12th grade. They also will serve with Fellowship’s multi-site team of student pastors to create strategies that advance the gospel among students in central Arkansas.
- Ensure that the multi-site vision and mission of FSM is carried out effectively at the campus level in alignment with the FSM multi-site documentation.
- Plan and lead Wednesday Night student services for 7th-12th graders.
- Collaboratively plan and preach message series at Wednesday Night services in line with the multi-site teaching arc.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for Wednesday Night, events and small groups (D Groups) as well as model, inspire and equip leaders in discipleship.
- Cast vision and provide ongoing training for leaders.
- Shepherd students, volunteers and families with care and maintain regular communication with students and parents throughout the year.
- Partner with Fellowship Kids to assimilate incoming families each year.
- Oversee and execute parent ministry for the parents of Benton FSM students in alignment with the multi-site parent ministry strategy.
- Oversee and execute the central parent ministry strategy for students and parents (stages classes, etc.)
- Oversee and cast vision for FSM Benton leadership team (coaches, worship leader, interns, etc.)
- Meet regularly (4-5 times a month) with the Fellowship Students team for vision, creative, and strategy planning.
- Build an ongoing presence within the Benton community and schools.
- Contribute to the overall leadership of the Benton campus by assisting the Campus Pastor with ministry strategies, events, and shepherding.
- If not a member of Fellowship Bible Church, must be willing to go through the membership process.
- Calling - An obvious heart for students.
- Preaching - Engaging, skilled teacher and communicator passionate about reaching students who don’t know Jesus and challenging students who do.
- Team-Oriented—eager to recruit, develop, grow and serve on teams.
- Multi-site - Understands how to manage the tension of serving on multiple teams in the same context.
- Details - Proven leader with high administration skills.
- Learner - Constant learner who is eager to grow in ministry and leadership.
- Understands and is committed to Fellowship’s mission, values and beliefs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Required – Bachelor's degree; Preferred – Master's degree from accredited seminary
- Student ministry experience desired.
- 40-45 hours/wk. Sunday-Thursday with flexibility for evening and weekend
events. Competitive compensation and benefits, as well as possibility for ongoing
graduate education. Office mostly in Benton with 2-4 days a month on the WLR campus.
- Reports directly to Benton Campus Pastor.
- Reports indirectly to the Student Pastor at the West Little Rock campus (Student Ministry team leader) as a part of the Student Ministry team.