- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
Students Video Script Writer
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you passionate about finding new creative ways to communicate Biblical truth to junior high and high school students? Do you recognize the latest TikTok dance just by hearing the music? Sagebrush Church is looking for a script writer that excels in making “YouTube-able” content (we know that’s not a word, but if you’re the right candidate for the job, you’ll get what we mean) for teens.
The ideal candidate would be excited about writing fun and engaging scripts geared toward helping students in 6th-12th grade learn more about biblical principles and develop a thriving relationship with Christ. Experience seeing a video project from concept through final shooting is a must. Sagebrush is a team environment, so if your ideas are immune to feedback and collaboration, then feel free to pass.
If you’ve got entire episodes of The Office memorized, this could be the job for you. You should probably be subscribed to Dude Perfect, Mark Rober, Mr. Beast, and Liza Koshey to name a few. We aren’t interested in hoaky, Christian content. No flannel graphs needed here. If you’ve got new ideas on how to get teens more excited about a closer relationship with Christ, we’d love to hear from you!
- Work with the Creative and Student Teams to develop and research ideas for original video content.
- Work with the Creative and Student Teams to create an initial framework, or treatment, for scripts.
- Write or adapt stories into a script with a biblical concept.
- Oversee scriptwriting from concept to the final, film-ready product.
- Receive and apply relevant feedback and make edits as necessary.
- Collaborate with Videographers, Producers, and other Creative and Student Team members to plan logistics for projects.
- Work with Producers and Directors to edit and adjust the script as needed.
- Be on set to script supervise as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Video/Film, Communications, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience with taking YouTube style videos from idea all the way to execution.
- A natural ability to work as a communicator with both Creative and Ministry Teams.
- A thirst for a fast-paced, challenging work environment with multiple competing priorities but offers loads of fun while you create exciting scripts to help bring students closer to Christ.
Sagebrush is one church with services reaching all across the world online as well as serving people locally in Campuses across New Mexico and Belize. We aim to provide high-quality, relevant, and exciting experiences for all ages no matter how or where you attend. All in-person locations have live worship, kids programming, and on-site pastors and volunteers available to help people feel at home and get their questions answered. All weekend services for adults, students, and kids are available online and on-demand so anyone can watch from the comfort of their home whenever it fits their schedule.
GOOD TO KNOW:
During the selection process, it is the practice of Sagebrush Church to provide preference to those who attend a weekly service and align with the Staff Covenant and Church Core Values.
This is a benefits-eligible position. Sagebrush Church offers a competitive and comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employer-contributed retirement plan and plenty of time to take vacation and holidays to enjoy time with your friends and family.
But really, we’re just a cool place to work!
join TEAM SAGEBRUSH:
We would love to chat through how God is doing great things at Sagebrush Church. Please submit your resume to email@example.com. In addition, we’ll need you to submit a couple of writing samples.