- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
- Harvest Preparatory School one of Central Ohio’s premier, private, Christian centered schools, located in Canal Winchester, Ohio has Substitute Teacher openings. Harvest Preparatory School provides distinctive, private education, with a Christian world-view focus, to the Columbus area. With a diverse student body, Harvest Prep comprises of over 500 plus students, grades Pre-K through 12 that are developed academically, spiritually, morally, socially and physically through the power of God and our highly trained faculty and staff.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others and develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Demonstrate excellent teaching skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, administrative skills, problem-solving skills, and advanced knowledge of various teaching materials.
- In the absence of the regular classroom teacher to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
- Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher and has the ability to provide meaningful learning in the absence of a lesson plan.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Indicates to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class in accordance with school policies.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Reports to school office at beginning of school day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials. Follows sign out procedures as prescribed by the principal.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat, orderly and safe classroom.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Insures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
- Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
- Knows procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
- Knows school procedures and regulations and consistently follows HPS policies.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Two or more years of teaching experience, and be highly knowledgeable about teaching students about content and skills in the applicable subject area.
- Must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Hold a current teacher license in the State of Ohio and or be eligible to hold a teaching certificate/Non-tax certificate issued by the Ohio Department of Education.
To be considered for this position, please download the Harvest Preparatory Employment Application (PDF) from our official web site at www.harvestprep.org. You may fax or email your completed application along with your resume and a letter of introduction. In your letter of introduction, please express your interest in the desired position, present your salary expectations, and highlight your qualifications.
Confidential Email Address: email@example.com
Confidential Fax Number: 614-834-3324