- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
To apply for this full time position please send cover letter, resume and sample teaching video links to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
Developing and leading a ministry where middle school and high school students are engaged both outside and inside the walls of the church in order to come to know and follow Jesus.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the Body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values of In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness, and Through Others.
Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church. Has an entrepreneurial spirit and a healthy presence on social media.
Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision. Draws energy working side-by-side with students. Willingness to go where students are and flexibility in schedule to be present at student activities. Ability to connect with those inside and outside the church.
Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually. Displays a visible faith that inspires others to follow.
Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to serve ministry at KC. Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
Requirements: Membership at Kensington Community Church.
1. Passionately pursue students in our community
2. Recruit, develop, and lead small group leaders
3. Produce Sunday morning Breakaway (middle school) and mid-week Edge (high school) environments
4. Collaborate with Kensington Kids Director in order to deepen partnership with parents
5. Create, implement and lead middle school and high school campus specific events
6. Creatively establish presence at major high schools and middle schools