- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- High school diploma / GED
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
To apply for this full time position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org. Must be available to work Sundays.
Direct, develop, and leads the Early Childhood and Elementary Creative Programming Teams
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in authentic community, and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington Community Church’s values: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Open-handedness, Through Others. Possess characteristics that include generosity, wisdom and courage. A true servant leader and heart bent toward humility.
- Education: High School Diploma, with College degree in related field preferred
- Experience: Teaching and/or leading Elementary children in a local church or para-church organization with a proven ability to lead and develop volunteers, build teams and deliver large group experience appropriate for Elementary children.
- Requirements: Ability to manage multiple tasks and teams, have understanding of how kids best learn; passion for using the arts; communicating Biblical truths in age appropriate ways; ability to lead teams of adults and youth helpers, gift of shepherding, and Biblical knowledge. Membership at Kensington Community Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Kensington Community Church.
- Program and execute the Large Group segment of KKids weekend program in designated grade/age group. Work closely with the volunteer teachers, musicians, actors, and production team to ensure a smooth lesson presentation.
- Oversee, develop, and deliver Large Group segment of services for Elementary and Early Childhood children. Schedule and direct worship team, teaching volunteers, visual arts, and production teams for Sunday services, in coordination with early childhood and elementary small groups coordinator and under the direction of Curriculum Dept. and KKids Campus Director. Responsible for setting up and tearing down large group room and build teams that perform the set-up and/or tear down of Large Group. Utilize the most effective methods to reach the early childhood and elementary audience; monitor the effectiveness of each service. Provide feedback to volunteer teams. Care for, pray for and with, encourage, and disciple team members.
- Recruit, build, train, develop, and review the teaching skills, leadership skills and ministry strategies for the volunteer creative teams. In planning meetings and correspondence to teachers, include adult level Bible teaching pertaining to the children’s Bible story, and ensure that all aspects of the lesson presentation achieve the objectives set for the lesson. Provide weekend lessons to volunteer teachers in a timely manner.
- Participate in all required staff meetings, which include regular DR meeting with KKids Campus Director, Creative Programming meetings, Kensington Kids all-staff meetings, KCC All Staff meetings, planning meetings for Church-Wide Initiatives, and conferences.
- Develop and support communication systems and channels between curriculum, small group coordinators, production, and arts departments; support efforts and initiatives of other KCC ministries.
- Assume responsibilities related to Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and special campus events.