- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
To apply for this full time position please send cover letter and resume to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
Champion the overall health of our student and volunteer engagement and discipleship strategy. This position will take lead on creating a healthy volunteer culture, as well as, developing a strategy that increases the engagement of our students.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the Body of Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values in his/her Christian life.
Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church.
Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision.
Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KCC.
Requirements: Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
Student Ministries 90%
1. Walk alongside SMD and learn all aspects of leading in Student Ministries in preparation for a leadership role in ministry. Including opportunities to teach in Student Ministries.
2. Groups Coordinator
- In conjunction with SMD and ASMD, plan and lead the weekly small group leader meetings, filling the role of “shepherd” to leaders by caring for and investing in group leaders.
- Champion a healthy volunteer culture. Create a sense of “family on mission” amongst the Student Ministries team.
3. Student and Volunteer Engagement Champion
- Process volunteer applications for Student Ministries volunteers including contacting personal references, conducting background checks, maintaining databases & filing applications, as well as discerning volunteer statuses under SMD’s guidance.
- Process new student information and work alongside SMD and Associate Student Ministries Director (ASMD) to place students in appropriate groups.
- Develop and lead student-friendly volunteer welcome and hospitality teams for the weekly student ministry gatherings.
- Event Operations and Communications.
- Oversee administrative operations for Troy in all Central Student Ministry events, retreats and camps.
- Assist SMD and ASMD with planning and executing local outreach and serving events.
- Assist SMD and ASMD with communicating student event information to parents, leaders and students.
- Assist SMD and ASMD in creating development events and trainings for parents and leaders.
Troy Campus 10%
- Work with KKids team to transition 5th grade students into Breakaway with success.
- Work with Student Ministries Director to transition 8th grade students into Edge with success.
- Attend a weekly student ministry staff mtg
- Attend a weekly central student ministry staff mtg
- Attend a bi-weekly Troy Campus staff mtg
- Attend a monthly all staff mtg
- Troy Campus mtgs as needed