- Technology / Software
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
The Video Broadcast Technician supports and operates the online video streaming of Harvest Church. This role includes file preparation, testing, switching, encoding, publishing, and reporting for the video broadcast to harvest.org, harvest.church, Harvest Apps, Harvest OTT endpoints, and all of Harvest Social Media outlets. This individual should recruit, train, and schedule a volunteer team to serve in the video broadcast positions.
It is essential that the Video Broadcast Technician have the ability to troubleshoot complex video & audio systems including but not limited to 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, HDMI, NDI, Video Switchers & Routers, analog audio, DANTE audio protocol, audio embedded over SDI, and a working knowledge of networking. Harvest utilizes Resi (Living as One) Encoders & Decoders for both the Multi-Site Live-Streaming and our Online Video Streaming. This individual must be comfortable using the Resi platform as well as have understanding of RTMP, HLS, and DASH video streaming protocols. The Video Broadcast Technician is expected to have a deep understanding of how to utilize social media platforms with live streaming video and cross posting to multiple channels.
Harvest is a live event production church that utilizes both live events/services and simulated-live events/services. This individual should have excellent organizational and communication skills to collaborate with multiple departments at Harvest. They serve with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes Harvest’s culture, values and mission.
The Video Broadcast Technician reports to the Video Supervisor and is responsible for supporting the artistic vision of Harvest’s directors and designers as it relates to the advancement, budgeting, and realization of video broadcast & online streaming.Read More. . .
- Directly reports to the Video Supervisor for communication, broadcast schedule, and production needs of Harvest.
- Produces multiple live (or sim-live) broadcasts on a weekly basis to support Harvest Church’s ministry outreach on a local and/or worldwide scale.
- Monitors all broadcast endpoints for issues of broadcast stream and troubleshoots technical issues as they arise.
- Maintains system readiness by testing and maintaining video broadcast equipment as well as proposing infrastructure changes when needed.
- Maintain a robust and organized archive of all broadcasts Harvest creates.
- Keep up-to-date with new technology and equipment, and rent additional equipment necessary for church services, conferences, or events.
- Physical Requirements, with or without accommodation: the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. consistently and 50 to100 lbs. on a semi-regular basis, also prolonged periods of sitting, standing, climbing, crawling, stooping, kneeling, bending, carrying equipment, and prolonged periods of looking at computer screens.
- Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.