- Building / Facilities
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Job SummaryThe West Campus Facilities Support is positioned to work closely with the Facilities Manager in day-to-day custodial tasks. Responsibility consists of all aspects of maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the JRC campus.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Implement actions and execute processes necessary to meet goals and promote continual improvement.
- To create work plans necessary to accomplish objectives and goals as agreed upon by the Facilities Manager
- Basic knowledge of operation and maintenance of custodial equipment
- Involved in ordering and maintaining inventory of custodial supplies as directed by the Facilities Manager
- Work along side Facilities Manager on grounds upkeep.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of custodial equipment, supplies, and other work areas as directed by the Facilities Manager
- Have a working knowledge of the Church Calendar
- Provide custodial support for event set-up and tear-down, including large Special Events, as noted in the Church Calendar and directed by the Facilities Manager
- Complete all assigned daily and weekly checklists and reports as directed by the Facilities Manager
- Oversee locking and arming the building when necessary
- Special Events are to be noted as “all hands-on deck” and can be expected
- Maintain quality to ensure a high-quality level of cleanliness throughout building
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required
- Available to work 6am to 9pm 7 days a week. Notification of schedule will be given 2 weeks in advance
- One years’ experience related to working knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials used in all aspects of custodial care and building setups.
- Possess effective human relations and communication skills in order to work proactively with staff, congregation, and community.
- Ability to clearly understand, interpret, and execute both oral and written instructions as given by the Facilities Manager.
- Capable of performing all duties as assigned by Facilities Manager.
- Be available as needed for any Sunday emergency situation
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards
- Available for approximately 10 hours of overtime per week during Special Events.
- Required availability for All Church Events including, but not limited to the following: Easter, Stronger Men’s Conference, DFL, and A James River Christmas.
- Vacation requests up to 6 weeks prior to DFL are not permitted without special permission
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the general public.
Code of Conduct & CharacterJames River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to MinistryBy submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.