- Music & Worship
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Willow Young Adults exists to lead our community to full devotion to Christ. We’re a collection of energetic, fun loving, and passionate Young Adults connected to Christ and connected to each other. We believe that every 18-20something needs a safe place to belong, build strong friendships, and grow in their faith in fresh ways.
As the Worship Associate you’ll lead the Young Adult community in weekly worship at The Well gatherings. You’ll get to build a worship team, craft worship sets, and lead worship for several hundred young adults.
- Lead worship at The Well gatherings
- Build volunteer worship teams and develop volunteers
- Build worship teams and sets in Planning Center
- Actively participate on the WYA Leadership Team and attend supporting events (Hubs, The Well, Special Events and Group Life Meetings/Events)
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS
The WYA Worship Associate will be succeeding in his or her role when Young Adults are invited into Spirit lead worship at The Well. The Worship Associate should always be pushing to learn more about worship leading and how to facilitate the movement of the Spirit in a worship experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to play a musical instrument(s), preferably the guitar or keys and sing
- Basic understanding of Planning Center and how to schedule teams and build plans within the program.
- Disciplined- Can stick with a process and see it through again and again.
- Problem Solver- Can innovate and doesn't get stuck easily! Willing to push through unknowns to find solutions
- Team Minded- Works collaboratively and invites others into their process and decisions
- High School diploma required.
- Experience leading worship for large (100+) gatherings.
- Experience leading a worship team.