- Music & Worship
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
WORSHIP DIRECTOR / PASTOR
The Worship Director/Pastor at Cornerstone is part of the Worship Department within Creative Arts. This person will lead worship at one of the 2 Cornerstone campuses (Chandler and/or Scottsdale) as well as weekday ministry that is supported by creative arts. This includes rehearsals, scheduling band, programming songs as well as leading. This person will be vocally powerful and have strong stage presence.
The Worship Director/Pastor will point people towards Jesus through the medium of art and music by overseeing the vision, planning, execution and overall quality of the worship experience along with and under the leadership of the Creative Arts Director of Operations. They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
- Lead worship on the weekends at a Cornerstone campus (Chandler or Scottsdale)
- Lead worship in additional ministries during the week as needed
Staff and Volunteer Development
- Recruit, develop, schedule and lead volunteers.
- Oversee the worship experience and develop band members for various ministries.
- Assist in weekly service musical programming.
- Creatively work with the Worship Pastor to create custom song arrangements, original songs and click tracks.
Role Model in Personal Life:
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Must have 2 years experience in ministry, in a church larger than 2000 members.
- Proficient understanding of scripture
- Be musically proficient (have an understanding of basic music theory) and be able to lead vocally.
- Have the ability to coach and lead a band.
- Have the ability to create new arrangements of songs (recommended).
- Have the desire and ability to create original music (recommended).
- Be proficient in Planning Center and Pro Presenter.
- Be proficient in Ableton, Sibelius and ProTools (recommended).
- Have the ability to read lead sheets.
- Have the ability to read music (recommended).
Important skills/personal traits
- Have the ability to communicate, lead and engage with the congregation from a stage setting.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, while also being able to function cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.