- Music & Worship
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
Over the last 45 years, Willow has sought to meet the tangible and spiritual needs in their community while raising up leaders and pastors, driven by the belief that the local church is the hope of the world. A challenging few years brought the church, staff, and congregation to a new place of surrender, repentance, and healing. Now, Willow is unearthing the intentional foundation of the church to reach people far from God with a fresh story of connection, intention, and passion, believing that we are better together and on mission with God.
Willow’s Chicago campus launched in 2006 and grew into a multicultural community where people of all ethnic backgrounds, faith traditions, and life circumstances could come together to experience and contribute to God’s work in the city. With its footprint in the South Loop, including a 650-seat auditorium, Willow Chicago provides a gathering space for the neighborhood and a hub for compassion and justice partnerships for all of Willow, with a focused investment in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
Experiences, corporately and individually, can open the door for God to move and transform a life. As the Worship Pastor you will provide exceptional worship experiences at Willow Chicago so that people can encounter God and take steps in their faith through worship, that leads them to take their best next step at Willow, in pursuit of a personal relationship with Jesus.
In collaboration and alignment with the Campus Pastor and Core Arts & Worship team, you will plan and execute weekend worship services at the Willow Creek Chicago campus. You will lead a volunteer team in the execution of each service and manage the process to move ideas into excellent service elements as well as oversee each weekend experience. You will lead our congregation in powerfully engaging, highly experiential worship services that direct people into life-changing encounters with God.
- Lead and execute excellent worship services through leading and managing volunteers to execute each weekend service
- Act as the primary worship leader at our Chicago campus, and provide pastoral moments to our congregation
- Develop, manage, support and shepherd the Production Manager
- Partner with the Campus Pastor, Production Manager and Core Arts & Worship Team to execute the vision and strategy for Willow Creek Community Church
- Actively recruit, train, shepherd, encourage, and disciple volunteers for bands, vocalists, technology, and other weekend roles
- Oversee the music direction process surrounding the weekend service, including chart writing, scheduling, etc
- Work on campus wide initiatives as they arise
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS
Providing a dynamic worship environment that glorifies God and engages people while helping the whole Chicago team build a fantastic, Christ-centered culture that feels like a family.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent worship leader and skilled vocalist
- Effective in building and supporting effective teams
- Skilled in volunteer recruiting and engagement
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills
- Learning Agility
- Collaborative Mindset
- Prior experience leading worship
- Experience leading volunteers
- Biblical training a plus