- Creative / Design / Copy
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
The YouVersion Graphic Designer will create original artwork to support content, communication, and marketing initiatives for the YouVersion Bible App.
God has placed you on the earth for a reason, at this crucial moment in time. He’s given you a purpose. With the smartest tech at our fingertips and more distractions vying for our attention than ever before, the need for the Bible has never been greater. If you’re looking for a place you can combine the skills God has given you with your passion to see people grow closer to God—no matter where they are or what languages they speak—the YouVersion Team is the place to start. Come change the world with us!
With more than 460 million installs of the Bible App, YouVersion continues to grow and evolve in an effort to appropriately steward the opportunities brought our way. We’re looking for a unique individual with a passion for pixels to serve as a Graphic Designer to join our Community Engagement Team. We’re looking for someone who’s able to produce lots of quality design work for our communication pieces, verse images, social media, and more. Are you a skilled, experienced designer who has a killer portfolio? Can you be creative and organized at the same time? Do you believe your individual contribution can make the whole team better? If so, keep reading.
Who you are:
- Gifted in graphic design with great aesthetic sensibility
- Comfortable with shifting deadlines and the iterative design process
- A natural self-starter and flexible multi-tasker who can work independently and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Not afraid to continually learn new things and implement change as often as needed
- An expert in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
What you’ll do:
- Create original designs to support our communications efforts for email, blog posts, social media, in-app content, presentations, and more
- Simultaneously work on dozens of design tasks related to multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines with excellence
- Vet ideas and deliver them through the lens of a creative brief
- Work closely with the YouVersion Creative Director, Social Media Specialist, and Copywriters
It would rock if you:
- Have experience in motion design using Adobe After Effects or similar
- Are experienced in the field of visual brand design
- Are familiar with our communication design and have ideas to make it better because you’ve already been using the YouVersion Bible App
Include a creative portfolio or a link to your past work when you submit your application.
When you join the Life.Church team, our prayer is that your family will be closer, your leadership will be sharper, your finances will be stronger, your faith will be deeper, and your heart will be larger. And while the biggest perk to working at Life.Church is doing work that makes an eternal difference, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
Flexible paid time off
Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
Generous employer 401K contribution match
Casual dress code
Professional development funds
You may not realize it, but YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007, and remains a ministry of Life.Church to this day. Named one of the largest, fastest-growing and most innovative churches in America, we are one church in multiple locations and are passionate about our missional use of technology.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Life.Church: www.life.church/careers. To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, click here. This role is located at Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.