- Technology / Software
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
The YouVersion Product Designer will identify and create new opportunities for people worldwide to engage with the Bible through our growing number of apps and platforms.
The YouVersion Team has one goal: to make sure every person on Earth can experience God through His Word, no matter where they are or what language they speak. You’re here because you have talents, skills, and a passion to see the good news of the Bible reach into every corner of the world, and so are we. Let’s use them together to spread God’s light. Let’s make sure everyone in this world can experience a Gospel that speaks life into them, too.
The YouVersion Product Team is looking for a diversely talented Jesus follower who can serve as a Product Designer. With more than 450 million installs of the Bible App and millions of installs of the Bible App for Kids, the YouVersion Team continues to grow and evolve in an effort to appropriately steward the opportunities brought our way.
The YouVersion Product Designer will work with an amazing team who will be crafting new experiences that push the boundaries of digital communication. They will create new opportunities for Bible engagement through community, worship, reflection, prayer and generosity. The ideal candidate will be tuned in to current and future industry trends, have a fondness of typography, heuristics and is eager to carve new paths. Think you have what it takes? Read on.
Who you are:
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help your team be successful
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting deadlines, and the iterative design process
- Able to drive a project from a simple idea to a finished product
- Gifted in graphic design, typography, photography, and motion graphics with great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- A clear and concise communicator with strong time management, organization, teamwork, leadership, and presentation skills
- Always considering the end-to-end user experience
What you'll do:
- Quickly brainstorm and prototype new application and feature ideas
- Deliver polished comps, flows, and assets to team members
- Rapidly think through and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams
- Take ownership of projects, oversee them with minimal direction, and follow through on them beyond their delivery
- Operate swiftly, learn from failures, and iterate during the process from communicating ideas to proof of concept
The experience we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma Design, Adobe Creative, prototyping in Principle, or equivalent
- A proven ability to design and ship high-quality software products
- A desire to elevate others
When you join the Life.Church team, our prayer is that your family will be closer, your leadership will be sharper, your finances will be stronger, your faith will be deeper, and your heart will be larger. And while the biggest perk to working at Life.Church is doing work that makes an eternal difference, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
Flexible paid time off
Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
Generous employer 401K contribution match
Casual dress code
Professional development funds
You may not realize it, but YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007, and remains a ministry of Life.Church to this day. Named one of the largest, fastest-growing and most innovative churches in America, we are one church in multiple locations and are passionate about our missional use of technology.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Life.Church: www.life.church/careers. To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, click here. This role is located at Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.