- Technology / Software
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- Job Description
The YouVersion Software Engineer (Generosity and Spiritual Support) will help develop and build backend services that lead to increased engagement and growth through the Bible App across the globe.
You’ve got skills. You’re motivated. You’ve got a passion to see people come to know Christ. All you’ve been missing is a place to put all of it together. The YouVersion Team could be that place. God brings people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences here, but He does it because we all have one thing in common: we won’t stop until every person on this Earth knows the love of Jesus. Ministry might not have been the first stop on your road map, but if you’ve been praying to put your skills to work alongside a team of Kingdom-minded, sold-out, on-fire believers, we’ve got good news. You’re on the right path.
The YouVersion team is looking for a unique individual to serve as a Software Engineer on our product team focused on Generosity and Spiritual Support. With more than 450 million installs of the Bible App and 60 million installs of the Bible App for Kids, the YouVersion team continues to grow and evolve in an effort to appropriately steward the opportunities brought our way.
If you are excited about using technology to help people become fully devoted followers of Christ, keep reading for details.
Who you are:
- A strategic and progressive thinker who seeks the best solutions to complex problems
- Not afraid to continually learn new things and implement change as often as needed
- Skilled in Python, Java, C++, or other general-purpose programming languages
- Proficient in Object-Relational Database Management Systems, such as Postgres
- A natural self-starter who can work independently and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Experienced with building/architecting/integrating high volume financial transaction systems
What you’ll do:
- Act as a key software engineer on our team – planning, building, and delivering highly scalable software and services to meet the demand of our users
- Engage as an active contributor within our agile development process
- Collaborate with design, platform, and product teams to ensure the continuous delivery of high quality and reliable software
- Take ownership of software development projects for new Generosity and Spiritual Support features
- Ensure timely feature releases to meet organizational efficiently
For bonus points:
- You can translate English into Binary
- Have experience with Ruby
- Brewing your morning coffee requires at least seven different apparatuses, none of which are a coffeemaker
- Your root@localhost password is the chemical formula for caffeine
When you join the Life.Church team, our prayer is that your family will be closer, your leadership will be sharper, your finances will be stronger, your faith will be deeper, and your heart will be larger. And while the biggest perk to working at Life.Church is doing work that makes an eternal difference, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
Flexible paid time off
Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
Generous employer 401K contribution match
Casual dress code
Professional development funds
You may not realize it, but YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007, and remains a ministry of Life.Church to this day. Named one of the largest, fastest-growing and most innovative churches in America, we are one church in multiple locations and are passionate about our missional use of technology.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Life.Church: www.life.church/careers. To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, click here. This role is located at Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.