- Youth / Students
- Job Type:
- Education Required:
- Experience Required:
- 2-5 years
- Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Young Adult Pastor
The Young Adult Pastor is responsible for overseeing the Young Adult ministry which serves the college, single adult (under age 35) and young married population of our congregation across all campuses. The Young Adult Pastor will serve in partnership with the Young Adult Women’s Pastor and will be primarily responsible for providing vision for the overall direction of the ministry.
- Work closely with the Young Adults to develop and encourage their spiritual growth in Christ.
- Coordinate programming and logistics for ministry events including, but not limited to, the monthly Young Adult Nights at the Midtown Campus and the West Little Rock Campus.
- Determine teaching series and serve as primary teacher at monthly Young Adult worship services.
- Collaborate with all other Fellowship campuses to ensure consistency in overall discipleship strategy for Young Adults.
- Develop/manage the annual Young Adult budget for West Little Rock campuses and work with other campuses to develop their budgets.
- Recruit and develop leaders for new and existing Discipleship Groups (D-Groups).
- Provide church-wide visibility and regular communication to Young Adult leadership team, internal Young Adult membership and external Young Adult Community.
- Identify, develop, and implement solutions to strategic needs for the Fellowship Young Adult Ministry.
- Meet regularly with D-Group leaders to provide coaching (equipping, empowering, and encouraging) as needed.
- Oversee and co-lead the nine-month Fellowship Residency program alongside the Young Adult Women’s Pastor.
- Provide pastoral care including counseling, hospital visits, funerals, weddings, and other shepherding needs.
- Ensure that all ministry activities align with the mission, values, and beliefs of Fellowship.
- Strong theologically
- Ability to engage with Young Adults from all backgrounds
- Passion for small groups
- Team-oriented – Gets life from and adds life to the teams they work on
- Communication skills
- Ability to develop and empower direct reports, volunteers, and others
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Awareness of the Young Adult culture both within and outside the church
- Strategic Thinker
- Organizational ability
- Committed to Fellowship’s mission, values, and beliefs and will be a member of Fellowship Bible Church.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 3-5 years ministry experience in a ministry of 100 or more participants.
- 4-year college degree. Seminary is preferred.
- Work in a multi-campus ministry model is preferred.
Must be biblically qualified to serve as an Elder (1 Tim. 5, Titus 1).